Mexie joins Pearson on the Coffee with Comrades podcast to talk ecology, anthropocentrism, and revolution. We talk about the importance of unsettling linear visions of progress that see humans as above or outside of the ecosystems we form part and of centring reciprocity in our praxis. We discuss how the human/nature dualism is baked into our ways of thinking, our language, our economies, and point to the dangerous implications of this before discussing how to decolonize our minds.
Sources and Links
- Check out the Coffee with Comrades podcast: http://www.coffeewithcomrades.com/
- Coffee with Comrades on Twitter: https://twitter.com/coffeewcomrades
- Coffee with Comrades on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/coffeewithcomrades
- Pearson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PearsonBolt
- Mel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/coldbrewedtool
- Robin Wall Kimmerer, Braiding Sweetgrass: https://milkweed.org/book/braiding-sweetgrass