In this episode, Mexie talks with Leslie of Mad Blender about the women of the alt-right. We discuss the obvious links between toxic masculinity and the alt-right, and then dig into the possible reasons why this overtly patriarchal movement might appeal to so many women. Sadly, women have been at the forefront of white power movements since their inception, something that tends to be overlooked in mainstream discourse.
Sources and Links
- Leslie’s channel, Mad Blender: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcStOVD6xZ54ky6hcZZcqig
- Leslie’s video on the Women of the Alt-Right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4rMDv4MIBU
- George Hawley, The Demography of the Alt-Right: https://ifstudies.org/blog/the-demography-of-the-alt-right
- Glenna Gordon and Seyward Darby, The Secret Weapons of the Far Right: https://www.topic.com/the-secret-weapons-of-the-far-right
- Cas Mudde, Why is the Far Right Dominated by Men?: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/17/why-is-the-far-right-dominated-by-men
- Shaun, The Great Replacement Isn’t Real ft. Lauren Southern: https://youtu.be/VUbxVfSqtt8