In this episode, Mexie talks with John Perkins, former Chief Economist for MAIN, about his time as an economic hitman, furthering U.S. empire through economic imperialism. We talk about the links between the World Bank, IMF, private firms like Haliburton and Bechtel, and intelligence agencies like the CIA and NSA. John also discusses some insights from his new book about the shift in consciousness required to revolutionize our economy.
Sources and Links
- John Perkins Website: https://johnperkins.org/
- New Confessions of an Economic Hitman: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/576012/the-new-confessions-of-an-economic-hit-man-by-john-perkins/
- David Harvey, 17 Contradictions and the End of Capitalism: http://davidharvey.org/2014/03/new-book-seventeen-contradictions-end-capitalism/
- David Harvey, A Brief History of Neoliberalism: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/183033.A_Brief_History_of_Neoliberalism
- Richard Wolff, Democracy at Work: https://www.democracyatwork.info/
- Anwar Shaikh, Capitalism: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/capitalism-9780199390632?cc=ca&lang=en&